DATE & LOCATION
Sydney Laneway Festival Date?
Sunday 3 February, 2019.
Sydney Laneway Festival Location?
Callan Park, Rozelle. Head here for more details.
How do I get there?
How do I purchase a ticket?
You can find information on how to purchase tickets from our Buy Tickets page. Tickets will be available for purchase from 20 September 2018.
How much are tickets?
Head to our Buy Tickets page for all the details.
Will tickets be available at the gate on the day?
If you don't want to miss out on Laneway Festival, make sure you purchase your ticket online prior to the event.
Can I purchase tickets at a reduced price if I come midway through the event, if tickets are still available?
Tickets are sold at full price regardless of the time you arrive on event day.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
Tickets purchased from a retail outlet cannot be replaced if lost, please treat them like cash. Tickets purchased online will be delivered in the form of a bar-coded print-at-home PDF ticket; or a bar-coded Passbook ticket (electronic ticket on mobile device).
I'm having an issue with my ticket, who do I contact?
If you are having an issue with your ticket purchased online, please contact Moshtix by submitting a request at tixsupport.moshtix.com.au
What are the Event T&Cs (terms & conditions)?
You can find the Event T&Cs (terms & conditions) here.
Is Laneway Festival 18+?
Yes, Laneway Festival Sydney is strictly an over 18's event. Patrons must present valid photo ID in order to enter Laneway Festival Sydney. Accepted ID for 18+ patrons attending St Jerome’s Laneway Festival in Sydney will be as follows:
- Australian photo Driver’s Licence or Learner’s Permit; or
- Passport; or
- KEYPASS Photo ID Card or equivalent (*see below)
Anyone who fails to present an Accepted ID upon entry will not be allowed into St Jerome’s Laneway Festival. No refunds will be processed for anyone who is denied entry because they did not bring Accepted ID.
The Conditions of Entry and Ticketing Terms & Conditions apply to everyone attending St Jerome’s Laneway Festival. Promoter reserves the right to evict any persons engaging in illegal activities.
- * Proof of Age Card issued by an interstate government authority, such as:
- NSW residents: NSW Proof of Age Card or a NSW Photo Card issued by RMS (Roads & Maritimes Services).
- WA residents: WA Photo Card issued by WA Department of Transport.
At the Festival
Will Pass Outs be available on the day?
There are no Pass Outs on the day. If you choose to leave the Festival at any point, you will not be admitted back in. There will be more than enough food, drinks, amenities and of course, music to keep you going all day.
When do the festival gates open?
Gates open at 11.00am with the event finishing at 11.00pm.
Can I ride my bike to the festival?
Yes! We strongly encourage riding your bike and will have a bike valet service available on the day.
Can I park at the festival?
Please note that Laneway Festival Sydney is a car-free event and there is no car parking available on site at Callan Park.
What happens if it rains on the day?
Laneway Festival will go ahead rain, hail or snow.
Can I bring my own alcohol into the festival?
No. Laneway Festival is licensed to sell food & drinks and provides great, well-stocked bars. All bags are searched on arrival.
Can I go bare foot?
Sorry guys shoe wear is necessary - thongs and sandals are fine but we highly recommend enclosed footwear as it is a long day.
Where do I report any lost or found articles?
Found: Please take any found items to festival staff.
Lost: If you misplace something please check with gate staff on the day as things will be turned in there. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our very best to help you.
Does Laneway Festival have accessible facilities for people with disabilities?
Yes, Callan Park is accessible for disabled patrons, please note there are different surfaces on site including grass, concrete, cobbled stone and gravel. There are some uneven surfaces and slopes in different areas, however all stages are accessible by wheelchair. Disabled toilet facilities are available on site.
Does Laneway Festival accept Companion Cards?
Yes we do. If you have an approved carer card you will need to purchase a ticket and then email through the details to email@example.com. Please include details of the carer card and who the nominated carer will be. The carer's ticket will be available for collection onsite at guest services upon presentation of the carer card.
What should I bring to the festival? What should I leave at home?
✔ Your ticket
✔ Valid photo ID
✔ Sun protection
✔ Good vibes
✔ Small hand held bags/backpacks only
Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
• Alcohol - any alcohol found at the Event Site will be confiscated and will not be returned and the offending patron(s) ejected from Event Site for the remainder of the Event.
• Glass (jars, bottles, containers, mirrors and perfumes).
• Air horns.
• Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles).
• Illegal substances.
• Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters.
• Flares, fireworks, sparklers, explosives or any fire twirling equipment.
• Fires and open flames.
• Advanced personal vaporizers (or modified APVs) or liquid refills for E-Cigs.
• Flammable liquids.
• Sound systems.
• Portable laser equipment and pens.
• Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens.
• Drones or other remote control devices.
• Couches and chairs.
• Anything studded (ie belts, wristbands etc).
• Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar).
• Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Event staff to be professional photography equipment).
• Kites or sky lanterns.
• Toy guns, water guns or slingshots.
• Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks).
• Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles.
• Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency servicedogs).
• Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, or other promotional items.
• Any other item deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Event organisers.
• Eskies and coolers.
Are food and drink from outside the festival permitted inside?
No food or drink will be permitted into the Event Site. You cannot bring sealed plastic water bottles (with or without contents) into the Event Site. You can bring unsealed EMPTY plastic water bottles (no glass) into the Event Site.
What kind of cameras & recording devices can I bring with me?
No professional cameras (read: cameras with detachable lenses) are permitted without formal media accreditation. Likewise no audio or film recording equipment (including GoPros) can be brought into the Festival.
Applications for accreditation will open on 18 September and will close 30 November.
Given the small size of the event, media tickets are extremely limited (particularly in Sydney and Melbourne) and we advise you to purchase a ticket if you don't want to miss out.
Only one reviewer ticket, and where appropriate one photographer pass, will be allocated to approved outlets (i.e. no plus +1!). In cases where there are multiple requests, we will revert to the editor for clarification. Please note we can not accommodate students or freelancers.
Apply for 2019 Laneway Festival media accreditation here.
Thanks again for your continuing support of St Jerome's Laneway Festival.
For more information, please contact:
What if I require a carer/companion to assist me at the festival?
The person with an approved carer card will need to purchase a ticket. Once the ticket has been purchased they will need to send details of the ticket purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of their carer card and who the nominated carer will be.
The carer's ticket will be available for collection onsite at guest services upon presentation of the carer card. Requests must be made PRIOR to the event date.
Is it possible to work at the festival?
Please email email@example.com if you're interested in volunteering at Sydney Laneway Festival. Make sure you include a copy of your CV and all contact details including mobile phone number.
Maps & Playing Times
Where are the Laneway Festival Maps and Playing Times?
Playing times and Maps will be released closer to the event, please sign up to our mailing list and you'll be the first to know.
Can I submit my band/artist to perform at Laneway Festival?
We are no longer accepting artist submissions for the 2019 festival. We will have one more slot in each Australian city via the triple j Unearthed competition. Please ensure you have a triple j Unearthed profile to be in the running and stay tuned to triplejunearthed.com for further details.